How to file a Missouri Worker’s Compensation Claim

If you have suffered an on-the-job or workplace injury arising out of your employment, you may have a worker’s compensation claim under R.S.Mo. §287.010 et seq. For severe personal injury such as paralysis, amputation, broken bones, herniated discs, back injuries, closed head injury or torn muscles, you probably will need to talk with and hire a Springfield Work Comp Attorney or Springfield Personal Injury attorney. But, for many smaller injuries it may make sense for you to consider filing your own worker’s compensation claim, after talking with JensenLaw for free. If you decide to file a claim on your own you can get a copy of the form from the Division of Worker’s Compensation at the Plaza Towers in Springfield. If you are in one of the towns around Springfield, you can do so by U.S. Mail in Jefferson City. If you are in the area, local dockets are held in Branson, Springfield, Lebanon, and West Plains. The Joplin office also handles cases in Neosho, and Monett. You should not try to judge whether you should file on your own without first seeking a free consultation to see if the attorneys at JensenLaw can help.